A weekend of “no tech” or “low tech”
On the weekend of September 25-26, The Phone Tree challenges you to detox from technology. For two whole days, you are asked to significantly limit your technology use and exposure. The goal of this program is to help you find life balance.
Turn down the “noise.” Tune in to what really matters. Tune up your relationship with God and with loved ones.
What you have to do:
– Freeze Facebook for 2 days (no updates or posts)
– Temporarily terminate Twitter for 2 days (no tweeting)
– Eliminate emailing for 2 days (no checking or responding)
– No texting for 2 days (no T-E-X-T-I-N-G)
– Power down from the computer for 2 days (no Internet surfing)
– Rollover the ringing cell phone for 2 days (no non-familial contact)
What you can do:
– Spend time with loved ones. Think of some creative family friendly activities and then do them.
– Do something for yourself. Get back to doing something you really enjoy.
– Explore God’s creation. Go outside, take a walk, and breathe in nature.
– Don’t bring business into your weekend. Take the time you are given to do something that contributes to your personal growth and development.
– Reflect and meditate on God and all that He has blessed you and your loved ones with.
– Serve someone else. What better way to demonstrate the love of God than to do something for someone else.
What we would like you to do:
After your “no tech” or “low tech” weekend, please let us know about your experience. Let us know how you felt, what you did, things you discovered, or challenges you may have faced.
from Project T3