“Wonder-filled messages connecting the heart of a woman to the heart of God”
Your Key of Wonders:
Verse of Wonder: Meditate on the bible verse of the week.
Wonder Reflection: Answer the self-examination question.
Wonders from the Word: Review the listed scriptures.
Weekly Wonder: Make note of the focal message for the week.
Points of Wonder: Consider specific points of enlightenment from the lesson.
Wonder and Awe: Reflect on what the LORD has revealed to you and immediately apply it to your life.
Week 2: ALL THAT I AM
Do you understand the love of God? Have you accepted that you are the apple of the LORD’s eye? Do you know that He loves you even when you do not like or love yourself? Can you trust Him when He says that His strength is yours? Are you ready to rest in the provision of the Almighty?
This week, you are challenged to discover who you are in this moment and to accept who God says you are in Him in every moment.
Verse of Wonder: 2 Corinthians 12:10
Wonder Reflection: Do you know who you are in Christ?
Wonders from the Word: 2 Corinthians 11:22-31, 12:6-10
Weekly Wonder: “I asked God for strength that I might achieve. I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey. I asked for health that I might do greater things. I was given infirmity that I might do better things. I asked for riches that I might be happy. I was given poverty that I might be wise. I asked for power that I might have the praise of men. I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God. I asked for all things that I might enjoy life. I was given life that I might enjoy all things. I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hoped for. Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I am, among all men, most richly blessed.” – Unknown
Points of Wonder:
* You must be willing to see who you really are (both in Christ and outside of Christ).
* Learning to love yourself begins with loving and accepting God and the truths of Christ.
* When it is especially difficult to confront the unattractive parts of self, God is ever-present with His strength and might, as well as with His grace.
* When you learn to value yourself as God values you, you can begin walking in your divine appointment.
* Wholeness comes from being vulnerable, transparent and honest with God.
* With Jesus, everything that is true about you meets everything that is true about God.
* If you are ready to embrace all that God says you are and all that God says you have, you have to learn to accept and make peace with His Word.
Wonder and Awe:
Like Paul, you have likely had to live with a thorn in the flesh. It may have shaken you so much that you lost your sense of self or caused you to stray away from who you know yourself to be in the LORD. Though you have prayed and asked God for an immediate answer on how to deal with your thorn or how to find relief from your thorn, His answers may not always be immediate or immediately recognizable. But, you, like Paul, can trust in God’s grace and sufficiency. You can walk in your purpose and appointment with an assured identity in Christ Jesus.
You are encouraged to share thoughts and findings from your Wednesday Wonders bible study each week here on the blog. We would love to hear how the LORD inspires you and draws you closer to His heart.