A Phone Tree Bible Study Series (January 1, 2012 – March 4, 2012)
Phone Tree Bible Study Model: Treasure Hunting (Scripture Emphasis); Discovering Riches (Personal Study Option); So Says Beth (Lesson Summary and Quotes); The Journey to Self (Questions to Consider); Connecting (Take Away Points)
Week 6: Travel Ties and Hard Good-byes
Treasure Hunting: Acts 19; Exodus 20:3-4; Acts 20-21; 1 Corinthians 13:8
Discovering Riches: Research the city of Ephesus.
So Says Beth: In week 6 of our Bible study, we are able to gain a new appreciation for the saying, “parting is such sweet sorrow.” Beth paints a picture of Paul’s life, work, and relationships with men and brethren. We see his determined purpose and his life’s choice through his actions and words. Finally, we are led to a place of understanding where we can see the greatest importance in Christianity – choosing Christ in all things.
– “He [God] is worthy to be our first priority – our heart’s desire.” (p. 115)
– “We must never compromise our message…” (p. 121)
– “God desires for people to associate Him with life not death.” (p. 123)
– “God sometimes shows us His approval over a decision we have made by fueling our desire until it is a complete compelling.” (p.125)
– “God’s will is always best even when we cannot imagine how. Surrendering to His will does not mean you lose. Ultimately, it means you win.” (p.131)
The Journey to Self: (Answer one, some, or all.)
1) What does Acts 20:24 mean to you? (Personalize the verse.)
2) Are you willing and able to walk in the good works that Christ has for you? (See Ephesians 2:10.)
3) Are you ready to move past your fear and step into your faith? (Spend time journaling about this.)
– Inevitably, there will be times in your life when you will have to make a decision to either stay or go. Whatever your choice, make sure it is Christ-centered and Spirit-driven.
– When one travels the road of Righteousness and Truth, she will come under fire, but God will always be victoriously present.
– Living a crucified life is a gift, no matter how challenging it can be.
Stay tuned to The Phone Tree to follow special To Live Is Christ blog links