A Phone Tree Bible Study Series (January 1, 2012 – March 4, 2012)
Phone Tree Bible Study Model: Treasure Hunting (Scripture Emphasis); Discovering Riches (Personal Study Option); So Says Beth (Lesson Summary and Quotes); The Journey to Self (Questions to Consider); Connecting (Take Away Points)
Week 7: A Walk of Faith
Treasure Hunting: Acts 21:37-22:30; Psalm 51:12-13; Acts 23:1-35; 2 Corinthians 1:10-11, 12; Acts 24-26
Discovering Riches: Research intercessory prayer.
So Says Beth: Week 7 is all about Paul’s unwavering dedication and consistent testimony. Beth lets us know about his willingness, his witness, and his hope. Whether on trial or enduring challenges regarding his faith, Paul never ceased testifying about the One who saves.
– “…success is obedience to God, not results we can measure.” (p. 138)
– “The simplest testimony from a person thankful to be saved is more powerful than the most dramatic testimony from someone who has told it so methodically that it has lost its fervor.” (p. 141)
– “The conscience is a marvelous recorder of both our beliefs and our behaviors.” (p. 143)
– “The Holy Spirit who resides in us supplies abundant power not only to recognize the right thing, but to do it!.” (p.144)
– “A thankful heart is not the only result of helping someone be delivered through intercessory prayer; our faith in what He [God] can do in our own lives is also strengthened.” (p.149)
– “…we can always find our God when we seek Him with all our hearts.” (p.156)
The Journey to Self: (Answer one, some, or all.)
1) What does John 14:26 mean to you? (Explore the background of this verse.)
2) How have you been a “witness” for the LORD? (Refer to Acts 22:15.)
3) Do you make it a practice to share your testimony with others? Why or why not? (Spend time journaling about this.)
– Every opportunity that we are granted gives us a chance to share God’s message and our own personal life testimony with others.
– Obedience to the calling of God is more important than our own life’s pursuit or that which may be a life’s pursuit as defined by others.
– One should never underestimate the power or the significance of prayer.
Stay tuned to The Phone Tree to follow special To Live Is Christ blog links.