One in a Million: Journey to Your Promised Land by Priscilla Shirer
Week 2 in Summary:
Leaving a place of comfort to walk toward a wilderness of the unknown can be intimidating for those who choose to live their lives outside of God. For those who bow to the leadership of the God of heaven, however, much is to be gained.
Week 2 Quotes from Priscilla – Welcome to the Wilderness:
– “The road God chooses for us is often not the road we might expect. He often chooses a wilderness journey for us to give us an opportunity to experience Him in a way we might miss in a place of ease and convenience.” (p. 34)
– “The idea of wilderness living best illustrates how God allows and uses difficulty to His children’s greater good.” (p.36)
– “…God wants to take us on the path that fosters a deeper relationship with Him. He wants us to lay aside our determination to do life our way and follow Him.” (p. 40)
– “…the good ending doesn’t come without difficulty.” (p.44)
– “The wilderness is designed to reveal whether we really want God or if we just want to “get out of town” and to Canaan as soon as possible.” (p. 45)
– “A wilderness is peppered with oases, places of hope for a weary traveler…God’s people were able to withstand the journey because God led them not through an arid desert but into a wilderness complete with natural rest stops.” (p. 53)
A Phone Tree Q4U: Are you able to see the presence of God in your wilderness wanderings?