A Phone Tree Bible Study Series
Esther: It’s Tough Being a Woman by Beth Moore
Week 5 in Summary: If You Remain Silent (Week 4 in book)
In week 4, we find out that a great decision has to be made. We learn about humility and repentance before God, restoration, and a divine refocusing. Additionally, Beth presents an inspiring picture on what being a warrior princess of God is all about.
Week 4 Quotes from Beth – If You Remain Silent:
– “Of all rights bestowed on us as children of God, perhaps none exceeds the right to repent and turn back to the Lord.”
– “As painful as the process may be, that which shatters our superficiality also shatters the fetters of our fragility and frees us to walk with dignity and might to our destinies.”
– “If we distance ourselves long enough from real needs, we replace them with those that aren’t.”
– “Sometimes we fear that fighting for what is right will kill us. Then again, it occurs to us that to stand by and do nothing out of self-preservation is to be dead already.”
– “We can refuse to walk in obedience to God or cower in fear from our calling and He will undoubtedly still accomplish His agenda.”
– “…in the times of greatest struggle when you make the Godward decision over convenience, earthly comfort, or carnal pleasure, you too have come to a critical moment in the fulfillment of your destiny. A defining moment.”
– “God’s people were never called to fast for fasting’s sake. They were called to forego food to deny all else but God.”
– “It’s tough being a woman in the tight fist of fear.”
Discussion Question: Do you believe freedom can be found in facing your fears?