A Phone Tree Bible Study Series
Esther: It’s Tough Being a Woman by Beth Moore
Week 7 in Summary: What Goes Around (Week 6 in book)
In week 6, Beth discusses the thought processes of Xerxes as he contemplates his response to Haman and Esther’s conflict, the dangers of self-absorption, the problem with pride, and the blessings that come from having a humble heart.
Week 6 Quotes from Beth – What Goes Around:
– “Sometimes Christ walks through our crisis dressed in the best disguise of all: ordinary events.”
– “When the God of all creation reserves a remark for you…that’s all you need to be remarkable.”
– “One of the bad things about an insatiable desire for honor is that sooner or later it’s going to make a fool of us, robbing us of the very thing we intended to receive.”
– “…pursue a walk with God so close that the spotlights of this world – be they for us or against us – are eclipsed by His enormous shadow cast on our path.”
– “There in the shelter of the Most High we find our significance and the only satisfaction of our insatiable need to be noticed.”
– “All will fall before God’s throne.”
– “It’s tough being a woman who feels responsible for the ‘how.’”
Discussion Question: Has self-absorption or pride ever gotten in the way of your relationship with God?