A Phone Tree Bible Study Series
Esther: It’s Tough Being a Woman by Beth Moore
Week 9 in Summary: The Right To Be Ready (Week 8 in book)
During week 8, we learn about a promotion, a plea, and a plan. Beth directs our attention to Mordecai, she talks about Esther’s dialogue with Xerxes, and she discusses the notable request made by the queen regarding going forward.
Week 8 Quotes from Beth – The Right To Be Ready:
– “To accomplish our call, we must be humbled far more than exalted…”
– “Humans are adept at finding ways to make what we want seem all about God…Thank goodness, He [God] not only sees the desires of our hearts, but He also looks straight into the heart of our desires and knows when we’re asking – even accidentally – for a false Christ.”
– “God is jealous for our true enduring hero to be His own Son.”
– “Sometimes God calls us to wait. Other times He calls us to act n-o-w.”
– “When God intervenes and we get a chance to know we’re blessed and to feel blessed, nothing is more appropriate than seizing the happy moment.”
Discussion Question: Do you truly believe that God can take an impossibly dire situation and turn it around for the good?