A Phone Tree Bible Study Series
Believing God by Beth Moore
Assignment: Read Chapters 1-4.
A Word or More to Review:
Isaiah 43:10; John 15; 2 Peter 1:3-4; Ephesians 2:10; Hebrews 3; Hebrews 11:6; Ephesians 1:1-14, 19-20; Ephesians 6:10-18; Psalm 100:3
Affirmations from Beth:
– ”The Promised Land was a place of promised blessing to those who followed the precepts of God. When you and I find our places in Christ where He can freely fulfill His promises to us, we will also experience immeasurable blessing.”
– “Our glorious walk with God began with an act of faith that brought us into relationship with Jesus Christ as our Savior, but it doesn’t end there. Having believed in Christ, we’ve been called to continue believing all He came to do and say!”
– ”Our toughest battles will invariably concern matters of faith – times when we’re tempted to think God’s Word and His ways won’t work for us, that He has abandoned us, let us down, or failed to come through for us. If Satan can get us to drop our shield of faith, he knows we can’t remain standing for very long.”
– “All human attempts to define God cannot help but minimize Him. If in our pursuit of knowledge God seems to have gotten smaller, we have been deceived.”
Answer the Questions:
1) At this point in your life, what can you definitively say about your faith?
2) When you approach the Word of God, do you personalize it?
3) Do you believe that in the place of God’s presence there is great deliverance? Why or why not?
4) What wilderness pursuits contribute to your unbelief?
5) Is it possible to please God without having faith?
6) Is it possible to believe God without knowing His Word?
7) When trials are encountered on your life path, do you tend to rely on your own strength or do you rely on God’s strength?
8) Do you believe that God is able to help you exchange your unbelief with belief?
Spiritual Life Fitness Challenge: Commit to learning Beth’s five-statement pledge of faith (p. 30). Review, recite and rehearse the pledge daily during the course of this study series.
Scheduling a Prayer Call: If you are interested in praying with a partner, please email me directly at email@example.com.