“We were over it. We were over building our lives.”
Study Divisions: Something (Quotes & Suggested Scripture Readings), No Matter What (Self-Examination Questions), No Doubting (A Phone Tree Spiritual Life Fitness Growth Challenge)
Study Objective: Learn what it takes to unlock your heart and soul to the Most High God.
Week 4 Connection – >
During week 4, you are asked to read the following: a thousand problems (God rushes in), dominoes (no turning back), and spreading insanity (lots of Yes). Once you have completed the reading, refer back to this post to review the quotes, the suggested Scripture readings, the study questions, and the Phone Tree Spiritual Life Fitness Challenge.
SOMETHING (Quotes & Suggested Scripture Readings) – >
– Quote from Jennie: “Praying anything was just the beginning for us…it was the beginning of something reckless and unknown. I knew God would change our circumstances. I knew he would begin to divide us up and pour us out wherever he wanted.”
– Suggested Scripture Reading: Isaiah 26:3
– Quote from Jennie: “What if these little acts of obedience were a small part of a matrix of dominoes unfolding the glory of God (small because, after all, I am a small domino in a huge matrix).”
– Suggested Scripture Reading: Proverbs 3:5-6
– Quote from Jennie: “When you turn your life over to a living God who sees need, who loves desperately, the way he chooses to pour you out will be as unique as the way he formed you in the womb and placed you in your space on the earth. Some of our anythings feel flashy and fancy, but most of our anythings fall in secret places.”
– Suggested Scripture Reading: Psalm 27:13-14
NO MATTER WHAT (Self-Examination Questions) – >
1) When facing your problems, do you try to solve them first or do you give them to God right away?
2) What “sins and strongholds” are you holding on to?
3) How have you allowed God to transform you? Are you willing to allow Him to change you even more going forward?
4) What does freedom mean to you?
5) Are you ready to HONESTLY complete the following sentence? God is more important than ______________. (What is your anything?)
NO DOUBTING (A Phone Tree Spiritual Life Fitness Growth Challenge) – > Memorize the following verse this week.
Amplified Bible (AMP)
For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].