A Special Phone Tree Bible Study CONNECTIONS Series
“David was ‘a man after [God’s] own heart.’ I saw this man as both completely sold out for God and completely broken. He was in love with God. He lived with an acute awareness of his need for Him. And yes, David sinned and wrestled, just like me. But while he was not so concerned about appearing godly, he was terribly concerned about knowing God. He was a man who saw past his circumstances, past himself, past this life to the heart of God.”
– Discover the heart of God.
– Explore the life of David.
– Examine your heart for God.
Week 1 Assignment: Read CHASE (Getting Started) and IDENTITY (Lesson 1)
(Quotes from Jennie)
– “The identity we are all chasing has already been given to us by God.”
– “…it wasn’t until He began to undo me and define me that I finally could put my feet down and stop spinning.”
– “The gospel strips us down to nothing but builds our hope in a secure, reckless, passionate God who loves us and saved us in spite of our messed-up selves. And then He uses those wrecked places to show His glory.”
Read 1 Samuel 16:1-13, 1 Peter 2:9-10, 1 John 3:1, and Ephesians 2:19-20.
Describe yourself in 10 words or less.
(The Heart of the Matter)
Knowing God is knowing self. These are very simple words and yet they are difficult to realize in the natural. It is only in developing a personal and authentic relationship with God that we will get to know who we really are. How do we begin? Begin at Jesus and continue straight to the heart of the LORD by way of His Holy Spirit.
(A Question Just For You)
Have you given your true heart to God?
Write a letter to God expressing who He is to you and who you see yourself as being to Him.