A Special Phone Tree Bible Study CONNECTIONS Series
“God simply asks us for our obedience and our trust. What was so beautiful and unique about David was his deep affection for God and his desire to obey Him no matter what it meant for his time on earth and no matter what anyone else thought.”
– Discover the heart of God.
– Explore the life of David.
– Examine your heart for God.
Week 3 Assignment: Read OBEDIENCE (Lesson 3)
(Quotes from Jennie)
– “Trust in the character of God is foundational to obedience.”
– “Deep in the crevasses of present-day Christendom lies the backward theology that good behavior pleases God. But morality – doing good things for the sake of doing good things – has never won God’s favor.”
– “Relationships are always built on trust and trust leads to obedience.”
Read 1 Samuel 15:1-31; 1 Samuel 23:2-14; Galatians 2:16.
Name your last act of obedience to God.
(The Heart of the Matter)
Loving the One who loves you most, the One who loves you unconditionally, the One who chases after you with His full heart is a wondrous experience. It is an experience that calls for truth and transparency. It is an experience that calls for abandon and obedience…of the heart, of the mind, of the soul.
(A Question Just For You)
What vital part of self is required for true obedience to the LORD to be fully realized?
Referring to the listed Scriptures above, complete a comparative review on Saul and David. Make sure to write down what you notice about each man’s character and also his immediate response to the instructions or commentary he was given.