An Abbreviated Phone Tree Bible Study based on The Law of Love: Lessons from the Pages of Deuteronomy by Beth Moore
“And He brought us out from there, that He might bring us in…”
The Week in Summary (Synopsis of Featured Session): Session 1
Key Point – – > Deuteronomy…a book of words. Words meant to explain and to make clear the law of the LORD.
Steeped with Scripture, to the point of wonderfully infinite overflow, Session 1 of this Beth Moore lecture study delivers much in the way of teaching. In the first of six DVD-based lessons, Moore gives background on the fifth book of the Pentateuch. Throughout the teaching, she provides generous insight into the Hebrew-to-Greek meanings of key words. She also supplies many functional perspectives on how Deuteronomy relates to present-day believers.
The Lesson (Phone Tree Take Away Points):
– God’s word has a way of reaching across the pages of history to reveal relevant truths to those who belong to Him.
– No matter how lost we might seem or how prone we are to wander, God is ever-present and ready to direct us to His place of promise.
– The word of God has the capacity to restore, direct, and revitalize the children of God.
– There will come a time in each of our lives when we will be called to go out and encouraged to go in.
– Sadly, many of us are not confident in or convinced of God’s promise of provision.
– Faithlessness can paralyze us and cause us to become “stuck.”
– By way of the book of Deuteronomy, we are granted an opportunity to regain our vision, we are encouraged to see a more divinely purposed path, and we are called to experience an even greater release.
The Question (Something to Consider):
Are you presently moving (“running quickly”) toward your land of promise or are you paralyzed because of your life circumstances?
* Next week, The Phone Tree Bible Study Group will be featuring Session 3.*