An Abbreviated Phone Tree Bible Study based on The Law of Love: Lessons from the Pages of Deuteronomy by Beth Moore with Articles by Melissa Moore Fitzpatrick
“For the Lord your God is bringing you to a good land…You will eat your fill and then praise the Lord your God because of the good land he has given you.”
The Week in Summary (Synopsis of Featured Session): Session 3 Article
Key Point – – > Deuteronomy…a book worth remembering. A book whereby we might sense the love of God and fall more madly in love with Him.
The Law of Love lecture series includes a listening guide with six supplemental articles. With each session, participants are granted a chance to read a featured message from Biblical languages student and researcher, Melissa Moore Fitzpatrick. The Session Three Article specifically talks about the love of God, grace as it relates to the Old and New Testaments, the fundamental goodness of the law and the testimony of the LORD, and the importance of understanding the freedom-life principles found in God’s revealed Word.
The Lesson (Phone Tree Take Away Points):
– Love has been communicated by God to His people over the course of time in and through various means.
– Even in the writings of old, there are good lessons meant for us to grasp and take hold of.
– An ongoing continuum related to God’s profound extension of blessings can be found in the pages of Deuteronomy.
– The good and abundant life that God’s people have always sought out is reflected in His law and testimony.
The Question (Something to Consider):
Do you view the Bible as a guide that reveals God’s way of blessing or do you view it as a set of rules meant to restrict and tightly bind your freedoms?
* Next week, The Phone Tree Bible Study Group will be featuring Session 6.*