A Phone Tree Bible Study Series based on The Patriarchs by Beth Moore
Objective of Study: Learn what it means to encounter the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob
Week 3 Message: “BEHOLD…”
Most Notable Quote: “As God revealed Himself through the annals of history as YHWH, the covenant God, He suggested His otherwise unfathomable mercy and tender love as the ultimate extension of hesed.” (p. 73)
Assigned Scripture Reading: Genesis 20-23; Psalm 136; 2 Timothy 2:13
– Pour over Genesis 20 in its entirety. Write down everything that is said of and by each being (God, Abraham, Abimelech, and Sarah). Identify the larger message.
– Define the word prophet in both the Hebrew and the Greek.
– Do a Scripture review on the phrase, “at the appointed time.”
– Read and reflect on 1 Corinthians 1:3-5.
– Research the name El Olam.
– Word up a prayer to God regarding what it means to be a chosen and special pilgrim in this world (Reference: Genesis 23:3-4 and 1 Peter 2:9-11).
1) How do you interpret 1 Corinthians 10:13?
2) When reading the Bible and learning the lessons contained within its pages, do you ever come back to consider that through each one [lesson], we are confronted with the aspect of choice? (Do I choose God’s way or do I choose my own way?)
3) Why do we often react with a flight-fright-fight response when faced with a crisis situation versus with a pray-trust-believe God response?
4) Who is the God of all comfort to you personally?
5) What is it about your life that would let others know that God is with you?