Conversation: Don’t Just Rain, Pour
Gloria and Ben: “Everything we’ve done from the beginning we’ve continued to do until now…We always consult each other before we make important decisions…
Let’s Chat: Gloria and Ben had their share of ups and downs, but along the way, they learned valuable lessons. They learned them and they passed them on to family and friends. Now, they share their insight with us. Please refer to the list below to see some of the things that stood out to me based on their conversation with Fawn.
– Remember that nothing is permanent.
– “He who lives beyond his means shall have no means to live. He who does not economize will agonize.”
– Find the joy in living by way of wisdom instead of by way of fleeting things.
– Show your mate a deep respect.
– “You must keep God first in your lives and relationships.”
– Have a strong work ethic and do not be lazy.
– Remember, “whatever a man soweth, that he shall also reap.”
– Be loving and kind to people.
– Appreciate the lesson that family comes first.
– Be generous and kind in your efforts.
– Express love for each other consistently and without fail.
“The greatest marriages are built on teamwork. A mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace.” – Fawn Weaver
Let’s Chat Questions:
1) During challenging times, do you and your partner unitedly look to God for your help or do you try to solve the issue(s) alone?
2) What does a partnership mean to you? (For example, do you consult with your mate before making important decisions?)
3) When was the last time you were generous and gave your mate a just because gift?
(photo quote courtesy of sussle.org)