Continent: SOUTH AMERICA
Estrellita and Mario: “When you have a problem, you have to fight together. That is the problem: most of the time couples don’t want to fight together. They fight against each other…because they marry thinking if things are not good, I separate. No don’t say! If it’s not good, go and fight for it!”
Let’s Chat: I loved the hard truths that Estrellita and Mario discussed regarding marriage and family. Their points were well said. Please refer to the list below to see some of the things that stood out to me based on their interaction with Fawn and Keith.
– Nurture the creative soul and interests of your partner.
– Treat your spouse with respect.
– Choose to be happy daily.
– Trust one another.
– Nurture your marriage.
– Place family as a top priority.
– Think better for your husband or wife; “always want the better for him or the better for her.”
– Want to be with your spouse.
– Don’t say things when you are angry. [“That’s very important…”]
– Remember, every relationship has challenges. It won’t be a bed of roses all the time.
– Fight for your marriage!
– Speak to each other and work together to try to solve the problem.
– Understand that there will be times when one must close his or her mouth and say nothing. Learn to wait until the right moment.
– Celebrate life’s special moments together.
Let’s Chat Questions:
1) When was the last time you did something that your spouse enjoys doing?
2) On a scale of 1 to 10, how important is talking with your mate in comparison to talking at your mate?
3) Do you think that both you and your spouse are fighting for your marriage and/or choosing a happy partnership daily? (Consider how this is done.)
“Happy Wife + Happy Husband = Fountain of Youth” – Fawn Weaver, Twelve Secrets of a Great Marriage