RESTLESS – Because You Were Made for More by Jennie Allen
Week 4: Suffering
Can any good come from suffering? Is there a purpose therein? Many people believe that suffering plays a significant role in our lives. Many others see it as an affront or as an outright assault meant to break us. No matter where you stand on the issue, there is an inevitable lesson in suffering. Read this week’s message and you may begin to see things more clearly.
1) Read Genesis 37 and 39. Quickly jot down your thoughts pertaining to what Joseph had to endure as it relates to suffering.
2) Write out and recite 2 Corinthians 1:3-7 every day of this week. At the end of the week, you are invited to come back and post what you learned, should you feel so inclined.
This week’s challenge will be to complete the following tasks:
– Answer the 3 questions below. Follow this with some journaling to God. Make sure to share your true thoughts and feelings.
1) Is God aware of when we suffer?
2) Does God allow suffering to occur in our lives, and if so, why?
3) What other Biblical accounts come to mind as it relates to suffering?
– If you have the study video or access to the video, please watch the session entitled Suffering.
“…Jesus…He suffered and wants to walk with you through your suffering as the open wounds heal into scars, leaving a memory and a mark but losing their sting.”
(SG, p. 91)