RESTLESS – Because You Were Made for More by Jennie Allen
Week 6: People
This week’s message from Jennie packs a powerful punch. It is all about people, purpose, and relationships. Through her words, learn what it takes to live intentionally, making beautiful exchanges with God and with others.
1) Read Genesis 41-45.
2) Answer the following questions:
– What resonated with you the most from this week’s reading?
– Has it been difficult for you to love and forgive those who have wronged you? Why?
– Why do you think God has called us to grant grace to others…no matter how much they have hurt us? (Consider Jesus Christ and the grace that He extended to those who hurt and/or betrayed Him.)
3) Dissect and personalize 3 specific quotes from Jennie’s book.
“Before I laid the foundations of the earth, I thought of you and of the days you would live on earth. I planned out the people and the places I would give you. I laid out your neighbors and your workplace, the places you would attend school, and your family; I laid out enough days to do all the good works that I purposed for you, and I equipped you with all you would need to accomplish those purposes here…”
“He [God] is big enough to plot the number of stars and your hairs, and he is big enough to plot your life. He is intentional about who he lays in your path.”
“Love takes risk. Love takes forgiveness and grace. Love takes effort, time, and a commitment to not bolting when it gets hard…”
This week’s challenge will be to complete the following tasks:
– Send a text or message to 5 friends encouraging them to read 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a.
– If you have the study video or access to the video, please watch the session entitled People.
“Most of us are waiting to be invited, waiting to be pursued, waiting for friends to come to us. Love is such an active process…So initiate.”
(SG, p. 126-127)