What do we all need in order to make it through the day?
2) Scripture Walking – It is critically essential that we each grab a hold of our Bible and dig in. We should allow God’s word to feed us and fill us up. If His word is in us, it will be easier to avoid non-nutritive junk. A healthy Scripture-based diet will nourish us in the way that we need in order to have and to live an abundant life.
3) Pauses for Praise – Taking pauses for praise is so essential that even David appreciated this. When praise is a part of our daily regimen, we have an ongoing pool of inspiration to draw from. (Spiritual Life Fitness Challenge: Read Psalm 34:1 in every Bible translation listed at Bible Gateway.)
4) Meditation Moments – Concentrated focus on He who is holy and on that which is holy is essential. Dedicated moments meant for unwavering spiritual contemplation can direct our attention toward that which truly matters.
5) The Full Armor – One of the most essential things that we need in order to make it through the day is armor. We need not just pieces of it , rather we need the full armor of God. A complete and committed donning is vital. Ephesians 6:10-18 are verses that should be tattooed on our hearts and never forgotten.
6) Spirit Talks – The Holy Spirit of God lives within those who have followed Jesus Christ. He is powerful in the lives of those who truly surrender to God. He is transformative in the lives of those who are willing to be made free in the purest sense of the Word. If we listen to His instruction, He will guide us in the way of Truth.
7) Abstinence – Abstaining from all appearances of evil goes without saying. To partake of the forbidden or to delight in those things rooted in the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life will bring certain death…possibly in the physical but very certainly in the spiritual. It is essential to keep ourselves untouched and clean. (Spiritual Life Fitness Tip: Abstinence influences our self-control and self-control builds up our ability to remain abstinent.)
(Click on the highlighted words for even more encouragement.)