Pore, Paraphrase, Pull Out ->
– It is vital that we share the truth of God’s Word with others.
– Prayer is a faith-building pursuit that does much to encourage self and others.
– The message of the LORD is praiseworthy.
– God is faithful and He can indeed rescue us from the snares and entanglements of the wicked.
– Be aware and mindful that there are those among us who will refuse to believe.
– The LORD is true to His promises.
– God will lift the faithful up. He will elevate them so that evil cannot harm them. He will guard and protect them on all sides.
– We can be wholly confident in God’s equipping.
– The LORD can guide our hearts. He can direct us in the ways of love. He can lead us on the straight and narrow. He can steer us into the arms of the Savior.
– Loving the LORD may require us to withdraw fellowship from others.
– Stand with God whenever you are faced with a decision as to whether or not to remain connected to an out-of-order brother or sister.
– Imitate Jesus Christ.
– Work hard, doing so in the name of the LORD.
– Do not be burdensome to others.
– There is value in having a strong work ethic.
– If you don’t work, you don’t eat.
– Do not be lazy and useless in this life.
– Each one of us has a responsibility to live well, to work quietly, to earn our keep, and to supply our own necessities.
– Do not tire of doing good.
– With love, warn others of the danger of turning from God.
– God is present at all times. His grace knows no bounds.
1) What do you share with others about the Word of God?
2) Is the primary message that comes out of your mouth about God, about self, or about the world?
3) What are the benefits of prayer?
4) Is there a difference between worship and praise?
5) How deeply do you pour yourself into praising God?
6) Have you had to deal with unbelievers before? What happened?
7) Are the promises of God faulty?
8) Who can stand against God and win?
9) How does God equip His saints?
10) Why has God granted us the abilities and talents that He has?
11) What does it mean to be under the leadership of the LORD?
12) Is surrender to God a part of being directed, led, and/or steered by Him?
13) What do you think or how do you feel about withdrawing fellowship?
14) Do you stand with God regarding every decision you make?
15) Have you exorcised the agents of chaos from your life?
16) What does being an imitator of Christ entail?
17) What is having a good work ethic really all about?
18) Is it a sin to be lazy or to be a burden on someone else?
19) If you don’t realize your potential to the fullest, does that mean that you are coming up short in terms of fulfilling your purpose?
20) Does a purposed life (for God) equate to an abundant life?
21) Is it hard to do good when you’re tired of dealing with other people’s drama?
22) Are you meant to “do good” even to those who hurt or persecute you…on the job, in the church, etc.?
23) Do you warn others about the dangers of going against or turning from God?
24) How does it make you feel knowing that God is present at all times? How should that impact your speech, actions, or works?
Plan and Pin -> Answer every question in my journal and/or through prayer. Connect with my accountability partner and share what I have learned through this unique Bible study experience.
Thank you for joining me this summer as I worked my way through 1 and 2 Thessalonians using P. Shirer’s 5P Bible Study Method. I pray that you have been encouraged and blessed through this effort. Grace to you. Stay in His Word always!