Title: HEARTFELT: A Woman’s Guide to Creating Meaningful Friendships
Author: Dr. Joneal Kirby
About the Book: “Every woman longs for good conversation, a safe place to be vulnerable, and wisdom from women who are ahead of us on the journey. In previous generations, women lived in close-knit communities and encouraged one another in marriage, parenting, and spirituality. In today’s world, we often feel isolated. Yet our God-given craving for connection remains.
In Heartfelt, Dr. Joneal Kirby shows us how to embrace the joy of emotional intimacy with other women. Her practical wisdom and personal experience, combined with dozens of real-life stories, equip us to cultivate meaningful relationships with women in all seasons of life.”
The Phone Tree Book Review: Heartfelt is the type of book that provides a framework and model for women to build upon. Based on the biblical teaching of Titus 2, it encourages women to both teach and be taught.
As I read Kirby’s words, I could not help thinking about the concepts of Mom’s Night Out and Girls Night. The suggestions that she made and the information that she presented seemed so much like that, in my opinion.
What I Liked…
– She encouraged women to engage in healthy relationships.
– She urged women to seek out environments that proved to be a safe place, a nurturing place, a Bible-rich and godly place.
– She gave examples of women from various backgrounds and need areas. (These women expressed themselves in their own words.)
– She provided varied “Heart Check” scriptures and questions.
– She ended each chapter with a prayer.
– She included many meaningful and relevant quotes within the pages of this book.
– She expounded upon a Bible lesson and made it functional for everyday life.
Thanks to Worthy Publishing for my First Look. A complimentary copy of this title was provided in exchange for an honest critique. I was neither compensated nor expected to submit a positive review.
Learn More About This Book: HEARTFELT|WORTHY Publishing