Salad Love: 260 Crunchy, Savory, and Filling Meals You Can Make Every Day by David Bez
About This Book: “Salads take the spotlight in this visually arresting cookbook that showcases a year’s worth of weekday recipes so exciting you’ll want to eat salads every day.
At the request of his co-workers who were constantly admiring his lunches, David Bez started the photo-driven blog Salad Pride, embarking on a year-long challenge to create one new salad every day. The blog instantly gained popularity for its creative salads that require no special cooking skills. The cookbook Salad Love pairs his vibrant photographs with accompanying recipes arranged around seasonal produce.
Recipes include Egg, Asparagus, Croutons, and Pecorino for Spring; Crabmeat, Avocado, Nori, and Cucumber for Summer; Kale, Raspberries, and Blackberries for Fall; and Manchego, Dried Apricots, Fennel, and Radicchio for Winter. Many salads in the book require only a cutting board and a knife, so lunches can be made fresh at your desk. With an emphasis on fresh, whole foods, and innovative flavor combinations, these salads truly excite and inspire.”
A Phone Tree Healthy Living Review: Can you fall in love with a book? I am here to tell you that you totally can. This book is absolutely amazing! I L-O-V-E it. The pictures are colorful and inviting. The recipes are simple and adventurous. The author’s words and guidance are so rich and honest. I felt both educated and inspired as I read through this work of art.
What I Adored About This Book…
– The author showed me a way to make my salads exciting versus ho hum.
– The author presented super simple salad combinations that could be created realistically without breaking the bank or without compromising on taste.
– The author provided excellent suggestions on the basic truths of salad making.
– The author taught me how to make the most of my salads via dressings and spices.
– The author showed me the tools I would need for my salad masterpieces.
– The author opened my eyes to a whole new world of salad love possibilities.
I confess that this book is one of my new favorites. I plan on referring to it often. I cannot wait to tell my clients about it. Wow! I am over-the-moon on this one.
Category: Food, Healthy Eating, Salads, Health/Fitness, A Wellness Lifestyle, Nutritious Meals
A complimentary copy of this title was made available for review in exchange for an honest critique. I was not required or expected to submit a positive review. The words I have expressed are my own.