12 Sundays…Week 1
So you may have been wondering where I have been. Well, I’ve been around, nearby, not far at all. I have been quiet. I have been thinking. Reflecting. Considering. In a nutshell, I have been contemplating my new direction in terms of Bible study.
Over the last few weeks, I have come to realize that what I need is a 5P revival.
The 5P of it deals with Priscilla Shirer’s extremely effective and utterly wonderful bible study method. (I need it!)
The “5 P’s” of Bible Study at a Glance:
Pore over and paraphrase the material.
Pull out the points.
Pose your questions.
Plan obedience and pin a date.
The revival aspect deals with my personal need to be refreshed and strengthened by the LORD and His Word. (I want it!)
And so, instead of featuring a formal workbook-based Bible study over the next few weeks, I have elected to host a study series called 12 Sundays (A 5P Journey Through the Psalms). It will run each Sunday, from April – June 2015.
12 Sundays at a Glance:
– April 5, 2015 -> 12 Sundays – An Update and an Invitation
– April 12, 2015 -> Psalm 139:1-8
– April 19, 2015 -> Psalm 139:9-16
– April 26, 2015 -> Psalm 139:17-24
– May 3, 2015 -> Psalm 148:1-7
– May 10, 2015 -> Psalm 148:8-14
– May 17, 2015 -> Psalm 118:1-11
– May 24, 2015 -> Psalm 118:12-20
– May 31, 2015 -> Psalm 118:21-29
– June 7, 2015 -> Psalm 78:1-24
– June 14, 2015 -> Psalm 78:25-48
– June 21, 2015 -> Psalm 78:49-72
As I walk through the psalms, I invite you to join me.
A Personal Invitation:
Journey to the place of your very own revival.
Witness the power and the majesty of God anew.
Indulge in worship via a celebration of praise and thanksgiving.
Weep with gladness as you and I both come to know the God who extends such magnificent grace from His heart of abundant love.
A Spiritual Life Fitness Challenge for Week 1:
Go ahead and begin reading each listed psalm this week. Write down your general thoughts. Be sure to highlight any verses that resonate with you.
His Word. Life Relevance. Holy Direction.