12 Sundays…Week 2
Position: Psalm 139:1-8
Pore Over/Paraphrase: There is no place where I am that You, God, are not. You exist on every plane and in every circumstance. You know of and knew of my thoughts even before they were formed or ever even completed. You are near, far, here and there. I am surrounded by Your essence and Your presence.
Pull Out (the spiritual principles):
– God is present at all times.
– God is all knowing.
– The reach and magnitude of God are beyond anything that is known.
– God knows of my past, my present, and my future and still He remains.
– There is never a moment when I am truly alone.
Pose (the questions):
– Do I really believe that God is present and aware at all times? (Translation: Do I live in such a way that demonstrates my awareness and acknowledgement of His presence?)
– Do I seek God’s counsel and leadership regarding the decisions I have made or need to make regarding my life? Why or why not?
– What does it say about the big-ness and the vastness of God that He exists in an omni state? (Further, how does that relate to the non-bigness or vastness of everything else?)
– Why do so many people forget that God always provides a ready answer by way of His presence, His words, and His loving heart?
– Is there or can there ever be a time when we are in isolation?
– What does it say about me and my relationship with God when I desire to be “alone” or when I feel disconnected from the Most High?
1) Schedule a spiritual respite for yourself. Block a certain amount of time for a particular day this week and have a meaningful conversation with God about your week 1 thoughts and discoveries. Try to get out of the house and go…perhaps to the backyard at night under the stars or to your favorite park. Connect with God without the distractions of life.
2) Proceed to Psalm 139:9-16. Read the verses and make your 5p notations.
photo courtesy of sarahsideways.com