12 Sundays…Week 4
Position: Psalm 139:17-24
Pore Over/Paraphrase: The thoughts, plans and purposes of the Most High are endless and entire. It is humbling to witness and to be aware of this. How dare the wicked stand against my God! It is a vile and offensive thing that they would even attempt to do this. I am greatly bothered by the irreverent disrespect. It should not be so! Know my heart, LORD; see my love and devotion for You. That which is unholy, rid me of it. Direct me toward Your everlasting holiness.
Pull Out (the spiritual principles):
– There is a divine intent in all things which God ultimately uses to reveal and announce His glory.
– Awe of God and His wondrous works should be the norm. Not a day should go by when we are not astonished.
– Loving God is a very personal intimacy that should not be taken for granted.
– When anyone spouts disgusting, repulsive, evil language about God or act cruelly against Him, you should be offended on His behalf.
– Know that God knows the trueness of the heart.
– Allow God to purge you of any and all uncleanness.
– Pray (without ceasing) to stay, to follow, and to live in the total presence and being of God.
Pose (the questions):
– Do I trust God enough to be God and to know what He is doing?
– How many ways does God reveal His glory in a day?
– Where the most intimate and sacred of my thoughts toward God reside, what is my real truth regarding my feelings about Him and His influence on my life?
– Do I stand up for God? Why or why not?
– How are unclean and/or unholy things represented in my life at present?
– Is there really power in prayer? (Spiritual Life Fitness Challenge: Study the prayer life of Jesus.)
Proceed to Psalm 148:1-7. Read the verses and make your 5p notations.
photo courtesy of rccbonsecours