12 Sundays…Week 8
Position: Psalm 118:12-20
Pore Over/Paraphrase: The LORD God is my banner. He is my victory and my protection. He is my source of power and might. He is my deliverer and my justice. I will praise Him as such. In Him, I shall live and not die. I cannot help but declare this!
Pull Out (the spiritual principles):
– The name of the LORD must be proclaimed before all.
– Let the LORD be lifted up in every event, every relationship and every thought in your life.
– Whoever God is in His fullness, let Him be that to you in the most personal way.
– Whether you live or die, let it be in the LORD.
– Let nothing get in the way of your praise.
Pose (the questions):
– Do I make a sincere effort to proclaim the name of the LORD?
– How does one go about lifting up the name of the LORD? (What does it look like in functional and spiritual terms?)
– Does the fullness and abundance of God mean that He is in fact everything I will ever need?
– What can I presently say my relationship with the LORD is like?
– Am I living alive in the LORD, or am I living as one who is dead, in a spiritual sense? Discuss.
– If I were asked to write a praise song to the LORD right now, what words would I use to express myself?
Proceed to Psalm 118:21-29. Read the verses and make your 5p notations.
photo courtesy of Pinterest