12 Sundays…Week 9
Position: Psalm 118:21-29
Pore Over/Paraphrase: I have come to know You for myself, LORD. You are bigger than I ever imagined. You are everything, and I want You to be everything to me. Your Lordship, Your Kingship, they speak of deliverance and salvation. They are a promise to me and to all who choose You over all else. I praise You for who You are and who You will always be! Amen.
Pull Out (the spiritual principles):
– There is a unique and special relationship that should exist between each individual and God. (Spiritual Life Fitness Challenge: Explore what it means to have a covenant relationship with God.)
– Allow God to be your everything. Take Him personally, at His word.
– God is higher than high and yet He still makes Himself available.
– God, in all His being, fulfills the needs of His children.
– God is faithful! Surely that is His name.
– However much you praise God, still praise Him more on top of that.
Pose (the questions):
– Do I know God for myself or do I have a relationship through someone else?
– When I took my vows to God, did I really mean them? Did I really take them seriously?
– What is entering a covenant relationship with the LORD all about?
– Who is God, and who is God to me in this season?
– Do I approach God as one who has truly committed his/her life?
– Is there ever any place where I stand, sit, or fall that God cannot reach?
– Do I believe that God can save me from myself?
– Do I have a need that God can speak to?
– How can God be my Salvation, my Deliverer, and/or my King when I refuse to surrender to Him?
– What does my praise to God sound like right now? (Spiritual Life Fitness Challenge: Write a praise song or praise poem to the LORD this week. Pour out your heart to Him.)
1) Proceed to Psalm 78:1-24. Read the verses and make your 5P notations.
2) Complete the Spiritual Life Fitness challenges.
photo courtesy of Godtalkstoyou.com