A Get Back to God Series
Scripture Reflection: In the beginning, God created. He, as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit made all things well. All things were made through Him, and without Him, nothing was made that was made. In Him was Life and that Life was the Light of men. The Light [of the LORD] shined in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend [Him]. (Genesis 1; John 1)
The 365 Lesson: What a magnificent LORD and Almighty God we have! To create something from nothing. To speak into existence a world whose purpose, essentially, was to be present for Him and focused on praising, worshipping, and adoring Him. How awesome and divine is our LORD, who was, is, and will always be sovereign King and rightful Ruler over all. With all of the aforementioned in mind, we must begin to ask ourselves whether or not we treat God as He deserves to be treated. Do we look to Him, humbly, as the Most Holy and Most High God, or do we look at Him as a God who exists in an unending sea of gods and other man-made idols? Have we truly given Him the honor He is due?
In the Word of God, the LORD has always specified that there were to be no other gods before Him. He also indicated that no graven images were meant to take His place. No idols, no false images, no symbols of man were to take the place of Him. But that – those very things, idols, false images, and symbols of man – have greatly polluted our lives, to the point that we don’t even recognize it as so. No, perhaps we do not have a golden calf like the ancient Israelites did, but what many of us do have are distractions. Distractions that, over time, consume us and shift our focus away from God. Distractions that become our idols, if you will, or false representations of God. As a result, we begin to worship the “thing” (whatever or whoever that is) instead of God.
– Jobs that rule us, causing us to focus more time and energy on them versus on the God who gave the blessing of the jobs
– Social status that becomes so important that we dedicate ourselves to either accruing more to get or stay ahead or that becomes so polluted that we forget our humanity and fail to care for others, i.e. the indigent, the widowed, the fatherless
– The love of money, which is a root that postures many to forget and forsake Jehovah God
– An unrighteous and ungodly righteousness, whereby we pervert the truth of God by way of twisting His Word to fit our beliefs so that we can claim to be the saved [and others, who are different from us or who have different views or beliefs than us, lost].
– And still, there’s so much more.
Question: What in your life has become more important than God?
1) Pray to God.
2) Confess your sins, your inadvertent wrongdoings, and/or your ungodly actions.
3) Repent and change your ways.
4) Forgive yourself, just as God has forgiven you.
5) Study the Bible, and continue to learn of God’s Truth.
6) Grow in knowledge, wisdom, understanding, and insight.
7) Focus on God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Know Him and make Him known to others.