A Special Phone Tree Heart-to-Heart Discussion Series
Heart Wide Open – Trading Mundane Faith for an Exuberant Life with Jesus: (A Quote from the Book): “No other book lives and breathes as the Bible does. Engage the Author and listen. Ask Him to let you hear His voice and feel His breath in its pages.”
Table Talk: The Word of God is alive! It speaks. It teaches. It inspires. It encourages. It admonishes. It directs. It answers. And still, it does more than that. When was the last time you spent time losing yourself or rather finding yourself in its truths and promises? Whenever you are at a loss or whenever you are in a gain, the Bible is the place where you are guaranteed to experience God anew.
Table Talk Discussion Questions:
1) Do you believe that the Word of God speaks?
2) Is it possible to have a conversation with the LORD through His Word? If so, what would this look like?
3) Do you, like David, meditate, contemplate, delight in, and pledge not to forget God’s word?
4) What excuse do you use or have you used to avoid spending time with God through His word?
5) Have you sought God in prayer about your attitude toward Scripture? (This includes, but is not limited to, your attitude regarding Scripture reading, meditation and reflection, memorization, comprehension, and application.)
6) Have you ever noticed that the more time you spend in the Word, the more time you want to spend with the Word?
7) What was the last thing you heard from the Word of God and what impact did it have on your life and/or life circumstance?
Prayer: Father, forgive us. Forgive us for forgetting how important it is to spend time with You through Your word. Forgive us for forgetting to connect with You through prayer. Forgive us for not believing, in part or in whole, that You speak even in today’s day and age. Help us to have a heart for You like David did, like Peter did, like Paul did. Scratch that, help us to have a heart for You like Jesus did. In the name of the Beloved Son and Savior of all, Jesus. Amen.
To Read an Excerpt From This Book and To Order Your Copy: Heart Wide Open – Trading Mundane Faith for an Exuberant Life with Jesus by Shellie Rushing Tomlinson