Coming soon…the return of the Sunday Bible Study Series and more.
A #DestinationJESUS Sunday Bible Study Series (lp)
February 2016 – Isaiah: Study 6
Assigned Reading: Isaiah 10-20
Points of Consideration:
- What was to become of those who issued evil against those who were needy, poor and desirous of justice?
- Whom did God use to carry out His vengeance?
- Why was the LORD angry regarding His people?
- What drove the Assyrians and/or what was their motivation to fight?
- How would the LORD deal with Assyria, ultimately? Why?
- Who is the Light of Israel and the Holy One?
- What did the LORD want to accomplish by His acts against His people?
- What or who was to come from the stock of Jesse?
- What was the Spirit of the LORD to impart?
- What would the earth be full of with regard to the LORD? (Isaiah 11:9)
- What is the comparative relationship between what is uncovered in chapter 11 and what is known about the exodus of God’s people from Egypt?
- What is the significance of Isaiah 12:1?
- What encouragement or inspiration can be drawn from this chapter?
- What was to be made known about the LORD?
- What were the inhabitants of Zion to do? (Isaiah 12:4-6)
- What was the burden of Babylon which was seen by Isaiah?
- What was to become of the evil, the wicked and the proud?
- What was Babylon’s end to be? (Isaiah 13:19)
- What will the LORD show or demonstrate toward Jacob?
- What was to be the end of those who attempted to elevate themselves above the Most a High?
- What was the burden concerning Moab?
- What role did ancient Moab play in the history of God’s people?
- How was mourning displayed in ancient times?
- What is the significance of Isaiah 16:5?
- What was the burden concerning Damascus?
- What is the significance of Isaiah 17:10-11?
- What was to become of those who plundered and pillaged God’s people?
- What message is the LORD conveying in chapter 18? (You are encouraged to dig deeply into this chapter.)
- What three points can be ascertained from this chapter?
- What is the significance of Isaiah 19:22?
- What did the LORD instruct Isaiah to do?
- How was being stripped or naked viewed in ancient times (what did it represent)?
- Did Isaiah waver or hesitate in doing what was asked of him? (How do you know?)
Did any one verse resonate with you personally?
What is your #destination message from chapters 10-20?
- Do you stand against those who would do harm to the poor and needy?
- How do you use your voice to fight for justice?
- Are you ever confused or troubled by the actions of God? (How do you move past any confusion? Do you seek assistance?)
- What does repentance mean to you personally?
- Is the LORD the Savior to you on a daily basis?
- Who is the Holy Spirit and what does He do for you as a Christian?
- What does it mean to quench the Spirit? (1Thessalonians 5:19)
- Is having a personal testimony still relevant in today’s times?
- Are worship, praise and prayer related and do you practice them all?
- Have you allowed anything in your life to become greater, higher or more significant than God? (Discuss.)
- Have you ever felt like the LORD has been quiet during a time of your greatest need? (If so, what do you think His lesson to you might have been?)
- Have you ever shown your raw and uncovered self to the LORD? (Why or why not? Was or is there a benefit in doing this?)
- If the LORD asked you to do a difficult thing or hard task that was out of your comfort zone, would you do it?
Going Further: Define and/or research the following terms.
“Then in the tent of David a throne will be established by faithful love. A judge who seeks what is right and is quick to execute justice will sit on the throne forever.” – Isaiah 16:5 (HCSB)
So, how is it going? Has your new year been everything you wanted it to be so far?
And just how is your fitness program going? Superb? That is exactly what I wanted to hear!
If you are looking to take your workout program to the next level, let me challenge you to consider… the NEW Jazzercise. In fact, why don’t you join me in participating in the 35-Day Challenge? You won’t regret it.
The CLASSES ->
Torch fat, sculpt lean muscle and crush calories with this high intensity workout that mixes dance-based cardio with strength training. Fresh pulse-pounding music and body-blasting moves bring the intensity to transform your body, boost your mood and ignite your energy.
Interval classes unleash the heart pumping, fat burning power of High Intensity Interval Training (HiiT). It’s max intensity from start to finish—there’s no rest in these intervals. Get defined in all the right places with circuit-based bursts of cardio and strength training.
Supercharge your metabolism and blast fat fast. This circuit-based High Intensity Interval Training (HiiT) class fuses cardio pumping dance moves with muscle work. Rev up your results with this total body workout.
Rock your core with this cardio plus strength class designed to get you to your best body ever. Every move has a core-crunching focus to chisel your middle and target those v-line abs.
Strike hits cardio and muscles hard for maximum impact. Jab and kick your way through sweaty, pumping music mixes that end with a muscle blast. Knock out fat and stress and release your endorphins. Calories don’t stand a chance.
Forge the tight, lean body you’re looking for while the pulse-pounding playlist distracts you from the burn. Fire up the muscles—all of them—in this 45 minute hard core muscle sculpting strength workout.
Go for confidence-inspiring contour and definition while you melt fat. A full 60 minutes of fat-burning, muscle-sculpting, it-hurts-and-it’s-worth-it strength training. This class will transform you!
Cut to the chase with a 30 minute blast of dance-based cardio plus strength training. Rev it up and rock it out in half the time.
Make it personal with supercharged fat-blasting, muscle-chiseling, body-rocking intensity in a small group or individual setting.
Kids have a blast working it out with new music mixes, high energy dance moves and fitness games created just for them. It’s all about fitness, coordination, strength, nutrition, confidence and—most of all—fun!
Get all the pulse-pounding, body-pumping intensity without the hop. Use your muscles—not your momentum—to get a killer core workout. Rock it out with dance-based cardio and strength training for total body transformation.
Be fierce with this fat-burning cardio and muscles workout. Build balance and flexibility, tone your whole body and charge up your metabolism with pulse-pounding beats, modified movements and lower intensity for all fitness levels.
Learn more about one of my favorite special interest topics here…#theNEWJazzercise.
If you live in the Atlanta area, come and join me at Jazzercise Decatur Fitness Center.
Hi friends! Many of you know my story with my 6 yr. son, Griffin, and how unknown pesticide exposure almost left him with a spectrum disorder.
This past Friday, after living a pretty clean, organic and ToxicFree life for the last couple years, Griffin tested one of the lowest levels of toxic chemicals inside of his body than anyone has tested at our doctor before. This is truly a “Praise the Lord” type dance on my end! It is also a testimony to how making simple changes around our home has honestly made a difference!
I am so passionate about sharing the ToxicFree movement with others that God has opened the door for me to create a ToxicFree in 21 Days program that includes a free downloadable or printable guide.
Starting tomorrow evening for the next 3 weeks I will host a 20-30 minute quick training phone call to introduce each week of the program. I’m kicking off the program tomorrow night (Tuesday) February 9th, at 9:00 PM EST.
I’m also giving away $10,000 worth of some of my favorite ToxicFree products to those who are on the call tomorrow night and the following weeks!
I’m super excited that the Lord has opened the doors for me to do this program and offer this free product to my friends and family!
I’m excited to share the ToxicFree movement with others so that they can learn how simple it is to identify dangerous chemicals inside of their home and protect their family with easy changes. The chemical industry in the US alone has tripled over the last few years. Our government does not regulate our products and many are NOT tested for safety before they are put on the store shelves.
If you’d like to learn how easy it can be to identify some of these dangerous chemicals that are linked to autism, cancer, infertility, heart disease, diabetes and the list goes on….please join me tomorrow night! I promise I will make it easy and be available for any questions you have!
In addition to our weekly calls and free guide that gives you a detailed program, there will also be a FB group page where you can be apart of the advice, education and encouragement for our ToxicFree journey!
A #DestinationJESUS Sunday Bible Study Series
January 2016 – Isaiah: Study 5
Assigned Reading: Isaiah 9
Points of Consideration:
- What is the significance of the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali in the history of God’s people?
- Who are the people who “walked in darkness” and “dwelt in the land of the shadow of death” referred to in Isaiah 9:2?
- Is the indication of a light referring to that which is to come?
- What is a yoke (of burden)?
- Who is being presented or rather foretold of in Isaiah 9:6-7?
- Who did the LORD send a word (message) against?
- Who spoke with a proud and arrogant heart?
- Who rose up against God’s people?
- Why was Israel to be devoured by the mouths of her adversaries?
- Did Israel respond to God immediately with repentance?
- Who were the tail and head of Israel? (Isaiah 9:15)
- Who were those identified as the cause of Israel going astray?
- What was to happen to those who were being led astray?
- Why were God’s people called hypocrites?
- What is the significance of likening wickedness to fire?
- How do Manasseh, Ephraim, and Judah relate to one another in terms of ancient Biblical history?
- How does Psalm 7:11 reflect what was learned about God in this chapter?
Did any one verse resonate with you personally?
What is your #destination message from chapter 9?
- Has there ever been a time in your life when you felt trapped in the darkness of your sins? Discuss.
- Do you presently know of anyone who is making their dwelling place in the land of shadows, and what are you doing to share God’s light with them?
- Does God always provide a way out of darkness? Out of sin? Out of temptation? (What does the Bible say about this?)
- What does Matthew 11:29 mean to you personally? (Prior to answering this question, make sure that you understand what the definition of yoke is.)
- Who is Jesus to you and what does He mean for or add to your life?
- What does the Bible say about pride, arrogance, and wickedness, and why is it important for you to be aware of this?
- Do you know why you believe what you believe?
- What lesson is God teaching you about yourself through this study?
Going Further: Research the battle of Midian.
“For a child will be born for us, a son will be given to us… Isaiah 9:6-7 (HCSB)
A Weekly Encouragement Series based on Hope for the Weary Mom Devotional by Stacey Thacker and Brooke McGlothlin
A Hope (A Quote from the Book):
“Jesus is unchanging in our ever-changing world. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He is always himself. Every day in every way we can trust the fact that Jesus is going to show up and be himself in our lives. He is power and love and discipline in my life. He is savior, friend, and the one who goes before me. He is willing to walk beside me. He is my hope for today because his name was hope in the very beginning of time. (pp. 114-115, He Never Changes)
A Help (A Message of Encouragement for Your Journey): It is a blessed gift to know that the LORD is faithful. To know that He is consistently present and gracious and true. The LORD never wavers. He never shows Himself unreliable. He never goes back on His truth. He is faithful in a way that goes beyond man’s definition of the word. And isn’t that a comfort? Isn’t it a relief, moms, to know that you can count on the LORD who sees you, knows you, protects you, provides for you, and loves you? Isn’t it a great consolation to know that our Savior, Jesus Christ, is ever ready to save you and your family, no matter how many times or how many ways? He is our undeniable hope.
Your Hope & Help Lesson for the Week: God is unchanging, unwavering, undeniable and undefeated.
Your Hope & Help Scripture for the Week: Hebrews 13:8
A Heart (A Prayer from My Heart to Yours): Oh LORD, How excellent is Your name in all the earth! It is an absolute delight to know and experience You. It is a wonder and a joy to praise You as Savior and King. We thank You for Your faithfulness, and we appreciate You for being consistent in our lives. Teach us how to be true to You in every way. And be with us as we daily learn to surrender our all into Your keeping. In the saving name of Jesus. Amen.
#chooseHOPE #startwithHOPE #HOPEforthewearymom
About the Book: “Brighten your day with this colorful journal from happiness expert Karen Salmansohn. Jam-packed with 365 “happiness prompters” including motivational quotes, scientific studies, and thought-provoking questions, this journal amps up your ability to notice (and create!) moments of joy and gratitude in your life—one day at a time.” – Amazon.com
Phone Tree Review: I was so excited when I received my review copy of Instant Happy Journal. I just knew it would be an incredible journey into self. It had inspirational quotes, journaling preps, and comments to steer the reader toward some sense of self-realization. It was an interesting resource. The book was colorful and attention-grabbing.
ARC Source: Ten Speed Press/Blogging for Books
A complimentary copy of this title was made available for review in exchange for an honest critique. I was neither compensated for my review, nor was I expected to submit a glowing report. The words I have expressed are my own.
A Phone Tree Gift-Away is scheduled for February 2016. A copy of Instant Happy Journal will be awarded to one of our followers. Stay connected to learn more details.
Update: This title was gifted to a heart that was in need on 2/12/16.